1 July 2020
In the most recent Ask Afrika Kasi Star Brands ratings, several of South Africa’s most loved and trusted brands within the Tiger Brands stable have yet again won in their respective categories.
Kasi Star Brands are brands that are chosen time and again by South Africa’s township consumers, irrespective of their background or living standards. Even where income is under threat and communities pool together to share meals and common experiences, the Kasi Star Brands winners are those products that are trusted to be value-driven and valuable to society. They also reflect the degree to which a brand’s township marketing strategy is relevant and accessible.
Tiger Brands product line winners include:
- KOO which won the tinned vegetables, tinned beans and toppings and fillings categories
- Tastic, which won the rice category
- Black Cat, which won the spreads: peanut butter category
- Fatti’s & Moni’s, which won the pasta category
- Albany Superior, which won the bread category
- All Gold, which won the condiments/table sauces: mustard and the spreads: jams categories
- Jungle Oats, is the winner of the Breakfast cereals (hot) category
- Smoothies, which won the sweets/candy category.
“We’re delighted by the recognition we have received from our consumers for our much-loved local brands,” said Nevashnee Naicker, Tiger Brands Spokesperson. Our products are staples found in most South African cupboards and this accolade is testament to the trust our consumers have in our products to deliver quality and consistency time and time again.”